Monday, March 19, 2007

The weather is soooooooo nice...........

When its so warm and sunny outside I just want to be outside all the time. Rusty and I went to Guntersville on Saturday. We might camp out there this summer. And when I say that, I mean in a tent. He doesn't want to do it until we have our boat. If I can stay away from shopping, we should have enough money saved by my birthday to buy one. It will be nice because we can use it at our lake here or the numerous state parks here in Alabama. Guntersville will be the best because its so big and beautiful. Another thing we came upon there was a "floating condo" It is essentially a series of houseboats that look like little log cabins floating along a pier. We stopped to check them out and to take a look inside. He says we will definitely do it but he will have to take something for motion sickness. We also went to Pell City to check out Lake Logan Martin. When his daughter graduates from high school this summer, some of his family will be coming down and we wanted to take them boating. Logan Martin is close although not as big as Guntersville. It is bigger than Sportsman's lake, although we might take them there one day too. I did weigh in this week. I lost 1.4. That brings my total to 8.8 although they messed up and wrote 9.2 in my book. I wish it were so. For anyone following the Weight Watchers program, I recommend buying the Comfort Foods cookbook. I tried two recipes out of it this weekend, one a meal and one a dessert, and they were excellent and easy to prepare. I also bought a new Walk Away the Pounds dvd. This one has 3 and 4 miles. I did the 4 mile one at the free aerobics class I go to in Springville and I did the three mile one here at home. I alternate the ones I choose. Today I did the 2 mile one from my other video. The three and four mile dvd has a little more stretchie band work, but if you dont have the stretchie, you can do the workout without it. I also realized that I will be able to take that dvd with me on a trip, because you can do it just about anywhere, even when we go camping. (I do intend to take the portable dvd player with me!) I can "rough it" to an extent, but I would like some comforts of home. So now is the time to kick it up a notch. My goal is to try to make my total weight loss at least 20 lbs by my birthday. Thats just over 11 lbs to go. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

No comments: